Tableted Chewing Gum
Mastix Medica is one of very few companies in the world that makes tableted chewing gum products (functional gum) using direct compression. We use unique proprietary know-how to manufacture our own powdered gum base which allows us the flexibility to create custom formulations that can incorporate multiple gum bases. Conventional gum manufacturers use an extrusion process that uses high heat which can kill many active ingredients and may result in a sub-potent final product. Our functional gum is manufactured under GMP conditions at room temperature using pharmaceutical direct compression techniques so the actives are fully available in the final product.
Our proprietary chewing gum delivery technology is excellent for delivering supplements and active ingredients. Some of the significant advantages using a direct compression tableted chewing gum are:
- Fast absorption – many times faster than conventional dosage forms
- Convenient and discrete – no liquid required
- High bioavailability of active ingredients – avoids first pass metabolism in stomach and liver
- Fast release of supplements and actives
- Ingredients not exposed to high heat during manufacturing, which can render active ingredients inactive
- High content uniformity
To discuss your functional chewing gum or private label gum project click HERE to e-mail our CEO, Robert Estey, or call him at 410-316-1080 Ext. 100.